Master of Science Single Sitting Degree from UGC Approved Colleges. Complete M.Sc. in One Year and cover your gap years. Admission open. Apply Now!
While talking about the most popular courses, science has always taken the first position. Since it gives a broad aspect of knowledge to the students and allows a greater career opportunity to them, hence it is one of the most desired courses. While moving further, once you complete your Senior Secondary (10+2) from science stream then you also have to complete your graduation in science after which you are eligible for a master’s degree.
Today we will be talking about the post-graduation in science and what are the career opportunities one can take after getting the degree. You will also get the information regarding the one-year degree, top universities, and various other features.
Master of Science
Master of Science which is also known as M.Sc or M.S. is a post-graduation in a scientific subject. Generally, the course takes 2 years consisting of 2 semesters. You will find the course offered in multiple subjects. Multiple lectures, seminars, projects, and examination will be held under the Master of Science. Master of Science is offered by colleges all over India. You can also complete your Master of Science from distance learning or Credit Transfer Scheme within a single year.
Those candidates who want to pursue a Master of Science degree has to fulfill the following criteria.
- The candidate must have a Bachelor of Science degree to pursue a Master of Science
- The candidates have to deal with the cutoffs which depend on the institutes
- Even entrance exams can be conducted by various colleges
Subjects in Master of Science
Following are the subjects which you have to deal with while taking your Master of Science degree.
- Environmental Science
- Computer Science
Specialization in Master of Science
Following are the list of specialization; one can decide while pursuing a Master of Science.
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Science in Nursing
- Master of Science in Corporate Communication
- Master of Science in Accounting
- Master of Science in Taxation
- Master of Science in Information Technology
- Master of Science in Software Engineering
- Master of Science in Pharmaceutical Operations and Management
- Master of Science in Manufacturing Management
- Master of Science in Management Systems
- Master of Science in Chemical Technology
- Master of Science in Finance
- Master of Science Consciousness Studies
- Master of Science in Engineering Management
Who can pursue a Master of Science degree?
The ones who have an interest in understanding the subjects more genuinely can generally opt for Master of Science. Those who want to achieve a higher position in the working field and require a higher education qualification also opt for this course. This course also adds better knowledge in both practical and theoretical aspects which helps to develop a high understanding and problem-solving technique.
Those who want to pursue this degree but do not have a sufficient amount of time and also for those who want to do this course while continuing their job can also complete it from distance learning.
Advantages of Master of Science degree
The following are the advantages, one can get once they complete their Master of Science.
- The degree provides a better aspect of the details of the subjects in a deeper manner
- It opens a better career option for the candidates
- Candidates can deal with the complex and difficult problems of the scientific elements
- It allows a candidate to go for a doctorate
- The job profiles of the higher post are available for the candidates
Jobs after Master of Science
Once a candidate completes the Master of Science degree, then s(he) can opt for multiple careers In various fields. Science is generally applicable in almost every single aspect. Hence the candidate gets the privilege to apply for jobs in various sectors.
Following are the area of employment where a candidate can start their career.
- Testing Laboratories
- Research Firms
- Oil Industry
- Pharmaceuticals and Biotechnology
- Industrial Laboratories
- Geological Survey Departments
- Educational Institutes
- Agriculture Industry
- Biotechnology Firms
- Chemical Industry
The type of jobs for a candidate with a Master of Science degree is as follows.
- Biology Researcher
- Clinical Research Specialist
- Laboratory Technician
- Science Advisor
- Plant Biochemist
- Marine Geologists
Top Universities for Master of Science
Following are the famous universities of India where you can do complete your Master of Science degree.
- Loyola College, Chennai
- St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- IIHMR University, Jaipur
- The Oxford College of Science, Bangalore
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- Ramjas College, New Delhi
- Fergusson College, Pune
- Hans Raj College, New Delhi
Master of Science in one-year
Those students who have discontinued their studies after their Bachelor’s degree can now complete their post-graduation within a single year. Credit Transfer Scheme allows students to complete their studies through one sitting M.Sc degree. The one-year degree can be preferred by those students who have either failed during their post-graduation or have discontinued after their Bachelor’s degree.
Eligibility for One-year Master of Science degree
A student who wants to pursue their Master of Science within a single year has to fulfill the following criteria.
- S(he) must have completed their graduation in the related subject
- For those who have earlier went for post-graduation, must have left the course wither in the 1st or 2nd year
Area of Specialization in one-year Master of Science degree
- Master of Science in Chemistry
- Master of Science in Mathematics
- Master of Science in Physics
- Master of Science in Environmental Science
- Master of Science in Biology
- Master of Science in Zoology
- Master of Science in Geology
- Master of Science in Biotechnology
- Master of Science in Microbiology
- Master of Science in Psychology
Apart from the above list, you will also find a huge variety of options for the area of specializations.
Why choose a one-year degree?
Generally, the one-year degree allows you to continue your studies within a single year and it also helps students to be eligible for various public and private sector jobs. It also allows a candidate to go for a doctorate. For those who are looking for a master’s degree for a higher job profile can take this course. Apart from this, it also allows you to understand the core of the subjects.
Advantage of one-year degree
Following are the benefits; one can get after the completion of the one-year Master of Science degree.
- The candidate is eligible for various job positions
- S(he) can continue their studies after completing the one-year degree
- It gives the option to complete the master’s degree in a single year
- Various career opportunities in multiple fields get valid for the candidate
Those candidates who have completed their one-year degree are working in organizations like Google, Wipro, Microsoft, Dell, and HP.
Having a master’s degree in science is a huge opportunity to be eligible for various jobs in multiple sectors. You can even opt for a higher qualification in this field which allows you to understand the complete depth of the subject. You can also look over various research and development project.
I believe Master of Science is one of the most prestigious degrees in the present era and it gives a great boost to your career.
For any queries, you can connect with us.