While talking about the post-graduation degree, Master of Commerce, widely known as M.Com is one of the most popular are career-oriented degrees which give a deep knowledge regarding the subjects and it also opens good career opportunities for the students.
Here I have discussed every single detail regarding M.Com and how it can be useful for a better career. You will also get the details regarding the distance learning and how you can complete you Master of Commerce in a single year.
Master of Commerce (M.Com)
Master of Commerce also known as M.Com is a post-graduation degree which is a master’s degree in the field of commerce. It is a course which takes 2 years mostly consisting of 2 semesters. Depending on the institute, the course can be pursued either in English or the local language. The degree offers a great number of desired subjects mainly focusing on management, commerce, and economics. Master of Commerce gives a deep knowledge regarding the theory and applications of commerce. The degree can also opt from distance learning.
Those candidates who desire to opt for Master of Commerce must have completed their graduation in Bachelor of Commerce. 20 years is the age limit in some of the institutes, apart from these candidates also have to clear the entrance exams conducted by various institutes.
Subjects in Master of Commerce
Based on the specialization, Master of Commerce has various subjects focusing on the following fields.
- Project Management
- Financial Services
- General Management
- Business Consulting
Specialization in Master of Commerce
The following are the specialization in Master of Commerce, which a candidate can opt for.
- Master of Commerce in Finance
- Master of Commerce in Business Administration
- Master of Commerce in International Business Operations
- Master of Commerce in Accounting
- Master of Commerce in Economics
- Master of Commerce in Statistics
- Master of Commerce in Marketing
Who should choose Master of Commerce?
Generally, this degree is for those who want to have a piece of deeper knowledge regarding the subject of commerce. It is also chosen by those candidates who want to have a doctorate. Multiple candidates take this degree for a better career option and to fulfill the education requirements of their desired job.
Benefits of Master of Commerce Degree
Following are the advantages; a candidate can be facilitated after having a Master of Commerce degree.
- It allows a candidate to look forward in the research and development field
- Candidate can also opt for a higher position in an organization
- The candidate is also able to enter into the teaching field
- A huge variety of career options gets explored for the candidates.
Jobs after Master of Commerce
In the present scenario, business is attaining a new level with the help of a highly upgraded technology, hence a professional is required in almost every single sector. The following are the employment area for a candidate with a Master of Commerce degree.
- Inventory Control
- Treasury Department
- Business Consultancies
- Public Accounting Firms
- Investment Banking
- Industrial Houses
- Policy Planning
- Educational Institutes
- Working Capital Management
- Budget Planning
- Public Accounting Firms
- Foreign Trade
- Merchant Banking
The following are the type of jobs the candidate with a master degree can opt for.
- Marketing Manager
- Investment Analyst
- Chief Financial Officer
- Human Resource Manager
- Chartered Management Accountant
- Business Consultants
- Financial Analyst
- Budget Analyst
- Stock Brokers
- Finance Manager
- Book Keepers
Top Institutes for Master of Commerce
Here is the list of some of the top universities of India from where you can complete your Master of Commerce.
- Shri Ram College of Commerce, Delhi
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Hindu College, Delhi
- St. Joseph College of Commerce, Bangalore
- Narsee Monjee College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- St. Andrew’s College of Arts and Commerce, Mumbai
- Symbiosis College of Arts and Commerce, Pune
- Hans Raj College, New Delhi
- Mount Carmel College, Bangalore
- Madras Christian College, Chennai
- Stella Maris College, Chennai
- St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata
- Nizam College, Hyderabad
- HR College of Commerce and Economics, Mumbai
- Goenka College of Commerce and Business Administration, Kolkata
- Brihan Maharashtra College, Pune
- Seshadripuram College, Bangalore
- Shaheed Bhagat Singh College, New Delhi
- St. Albert’s College, Ernakulam
Master of Commerce in One-year
This is one of the best news for students who have discontinued their studies after the completion of their graduation. Now the candidates can do the Master of Commerce which generally takes a time of 1 year. Now students can complete their post-graduation and get all the career options with the help of Career Transfer Scheme.
Eligibility for one-year degree
The following are the criteria which the candidate has to fulfill to take the on-year degree course.
- The candidate must have completed their graduation in the related subject from a recognized university
- If anyone has opted for a post-graduation, then s(he) much has left the studies either in the 1st or 2nd year
Why choose a one-year degree?
Due to various reasons, multiple students have to discontinue their studies after the completion of their graduation. It generally stops them from various career options, since most of the higher job profiles require a master degree. The one-year post-graduation degree opens the career options for the candidates and also helps to have a piece of deeper knowledge regarding the subjects. It also helps candidates to complete their post-graduation within a single year.
Advantage of M.Com one-year degree
The main goal of the one-year degree is to help the candidates to attain a higher qualification after discontinuing their studies. It helps a candidate to understand the subject in a much broad aspect and to possess a higher knowledge in both practical and theory manner. The one-year degree also allows the candidate to move further with the studies, later on, they can also opt for a doctorate.
The one-year degree also opens career options for a candidate in both the private and public sectors. Multiple candidates after completing their one-year degree are working with top organizations like Google, Microsoft, Videocon, Wipro, Dell, and HCL.
Objective of One-year degree course
The main objective of a one-year degree is to help the students continue their students and to open multiple career options. It also helps with the limited amount of time; a candidate can invest in their studies. Once a candidate is awarded a Master of Commerce degree, then s(he) can decide whether to continue with their studies or whether to join any organization.
In the present time, the Master of Commerce has great importance in both public and private firms. The one with a degree in M.Com is eligible to work in various sectors and they are also facilitated with a much higher job profile. The time you invest in getting this degree is going to help you for a better future. It is the kind of investment where you will always find a great profit for yourself.
Apart from all these, the salary for an M.Com degree holder is also really good along with some high reputations.
For any queries, you can freely connect with our team.