The computer has taken over the generation to a new level. It has added an upgrade in the mindset of the present era. Having a brief knowledge regarding technology is one of the most useful and popular fields which helps for a better career foundation.
If you are looking to enroll into a graduation degree, Bachelor of Computer Application for having a deep knowledge in computer-related subjects is a great option. Here you will get all the information and career opportunities related Bachelor of Computer Application.
Bachelor of Computer Application
BCA which stands for Bachelor of Computer Application is a graduation degree which requires 3 years. During these three years, you will be dealing with 6 semesters, including seminars, projects, examination, and lectures. The degree allows you to develop knowledge in programming languages, processors, and multiple other aspects of software and hardware. You also get the knowledge regarding networking, soft skills, and values and ethics within an organization. One can also complete BCA from distance education.
Students from any stream can take this course who has English as a subject and have secured more than 45% in their 12th standard.
This course is generally chosen by students completing their Senior Secondary (10+2) from a science stream. Though you will be facing some subject related to mathematics, it can be understood even by those who do not have mathematics in their Senior Secondary.
Subjects in Bachelor of Computer Application degree
The following are the subjects in Bachelor of Computer Application degree which a candidate has to deal with.
- Digital Electronics
- C programming
- Computer Architecture
- Visual Basics
- Data Structure
- Database Management System
- Project Management
- Operating System
- Graphics and Internet
- Windows Programming
- Unix and Shell
- Values and Ethics
- Soft Skills
- Web Designing
- System Analysis and Design
- Computer Laboratory and Practical
Specialization in Bachelor of Computer Application
The following are the specialization in Bachelor of Computer Application which a candidate can opt for.
- Computer Graphics
- Word Processing
- Programming Languages
- Accounting Applications
- Music and Video Processing
- Database Management
- Internet Technologies
- Personal Information Management
Who should opt for Bachelor of Computer Application Degree
Those students who have a keen interest in how a computer is developed, or how all the tasks are done through computers can choose this degree for their graduation. Also, those who want to have a brief knowledge regarding the fundamental and principles of computer science should choose this degree. The one having a limited knowledge regarding the computers can also choose this course to have complete knowledge and can also get all the answers of computer they were looking for.
Advantages of Bachelor of Computer Application degree
The following are the benefits one can get after choosing a Bachelor of Computer Application.
- You can have a good foundation in computer science which allows you to develop an advanced career in technology
- Those candidates with a BCA degree gets to the opportunity of a wide range of job profiles in IT and multiple other sectors
- After completing your BCA, a candidate can go for Master of Computer Application which gives a much deeper knowledge including some high salary packages
- It develops a problem-solving mindset of the candidate
- BCA opens your path for MCA and doctorate level qualification
Jobs for Bachelor of Computer Application candidate
Technology is one of the fast-growing topics in the present era. Hence, a candidate with a piece of good knowledge on this field has a high demand in the market. The following are the employment areas for a BCA degree holder.
- Insurance Providers
- Technical Support
- Government Agencies
- Financial Institutions
- Traffic Light Management
- Schools and Colleges
- System Maintenance
- Content Writing
- Security and Surveillance Companies
- Computer and Related Equipment Manufacture
- Desktop Publishing
- Software Development Companies
The list contains the types of job, a BCA candidate can opt for.
- Chief Information Officer
- Information Systems Manager
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Project Manager
- Independent Consultants
- Computer Training
- System Administrators
- Database Administrators
- Computer Scientists
- Technical Content Writers
- Software Developers
- Commerce and Industrial Designers
- Computer Programmers
- Software Publishers
- Computer Support Service Specialist
- Computer Presentation Specialist
Universities for Bachelor of Computer Application
- SRM University Kattankulathuer, Chennai
- GLS Institute of Computer Application, Ahmedabad
- Vellore Institute of Technology, Vellore
- DAV College, Chandigarh
- National Institute of Management, Mumbai
- Madhav University, Sirohi
- Institute of Management Studies, Noida
- Haryana College of Technology and Management, Kaithal
- Sharda University, Greater Noida
- Loyola College, Chennai
- Rabindranath Tagore University, Bhopal
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Techno India University, Kolkata
- St. Bede’s College, Shimla
- College of Computer Sciences, Pune
Bachelor of Computer Application: BCA in one-year
Now you can complete your Bachelor of Computer Application within a single year. Credit Transfer Scheme allows a candidate who has discontinued their studies to complete their graduation in a single year. After completing your one sitting BCA degree, a candidate is eligible for various public and private sector jobs.
Eligibility for one-year degree
Those candidates who want to complete their Bachelor of Computer Application have to fulfill the following criteria.
- The candidate must have completed the Senior Secondary (10+2) from a recognized Board
- S(he) must have discontinued their graduation degree either in the 1st or 2nd year
Once a candidate fulfills the following criteria, then s(he) is eligible to pursue their Bachelor of Computer Application within a single year.
Why choose a one-year degree?
Students who have to discontinue their education after the completion of their Senior Secondary (10+2) can now complete their graduation. Many people have asked me about why to choose a one-year degree? Well, it gives you to complete your graduation within a single year, making you eligible for multiple public and private sector jobs. Candidates can also continue their education after getting a Bachelor’s degree in one year, and later on, can opt for a Master’s and doctorate.
Advantages of one-year degree
One of the biggest advantages is that you will be able to complete your graduation in one year. There is a situation when an eligible candidate has to sit for a junior job profile due to the lack of educational qualification. This one-year degree helps you to fulfill the criteria of the qualification and open the path for various high profile jobs.
Till date, those candidates who have completed their graduation through the one-year scheme are working in companies like Google, Microsoft, Wipro, Dell, HP, Videocon, and HCL.
Bachelor of Computer Application is one of the most popular degrees. BCA helps students to opt for a higher job profile or higher educational qualification. Apart from these, the BCA degree holder has the option to get a job in various sectors and multiple organizations. Bachelor of Computer Application allows you to opt for a better career option along with some handsome salary packages.
For any queries regarding the Bachelor of Computer Application, you can connect with us.